Access Statement for WYE VALLEY VIEW
- Wye Valley View Annexe is a self catering one
floor holiday cottage for up to two adults occupying a king size (UK)
- We have a no smoking policy
and no pets (except guide or service dogs) or children are
- Due to the elevated position of the property, sloping
driveway/car park access and arrangement of the accommodation on an
upper storey (being only accessible via an
the property is likely to be unsuitable for guests with mobility
- We have tried to provide as much information as possible in
this statement; however, if you have any queries please contact us.
- Generally, walls, skirting boards, doors and furniture are
contrasting colours, aiding those with visual impairment. Lighting is
good with a good supply of electric and natural light. Switches and
power points are generally at a sensible height for most users.
- Information about the property including this access
be found in the welcome file in the property and on our website, and
be produced in large print if required.
- Bookings/enquiries may be made via email or phone.
- The property is in a hillside village location, 5 miles
from the nearest town (Monmouth). There is good road access.
- The nearest bus stop (Whitchurch) and public payphone is
0.25 miles from the property.
- National Express coaches stop at Ross on Wye (9 miles
nearest train station is at Ledbury (24 miles away). There are good
local taxi services.
food supplies may be had at the village shop and local small
supermarket/petrol station (0.5 miles from the property). Larger
are located at Monmouth (5 miles away) and Ross on Wye. Please note
are unable to deliver as the driveway is unsuitable for delivery
vehicles. There are Shopmobility facilities in Ross on Wye and Monmouth.
- The nearest post box is 0.2 miles away.
- There are RADAR toilets in Symonds Yat next to the
Zoo/Hedge Puzzle/Mini Golf ticket office and also in nearby Monmouth
(by the Monnow Bridge) and Ross on Wye.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- There is a large sign at the driveway entrance displaying
the holiday accommodation name.
- The property is approached by a long sloping
private driveway which has a gradient which varies between 1:6 and
1:10. There is a gate at the entrance to the driveway.
- At the top, turning to the left just in front of the
further 6 metre 1:6 slope leads up to a level gravelled private car
parking area where there is sufficient space for one guest car
additional to the owners/proprietors' vehicles, with a maximum width of
up to 3m.
- The distance from the car park to the base of
accessing the guest accommodation is approximately 35m (down a
concrete slope for the first 5m,
then on the level); it is possible to set down and unload
initially right outside the staircase. There is no
additional visitor parking.
- Guests are greeted on arrival and admitted to the property,
familiarisation tour and given key(s). Otherwise there is a keysafe at
the front door for which guests will be issued the code. Entrance areas
and the car park
are well lit at night with motion sensor lighting. There is also cctv
- Please ignore the ground floor level front door -
floor is closed to the public. Proceed to the end of the building where
you wil find a staircase. This consists of 14 steps, each approximately
20cm (8") high, 26cm (10") deep, and 89cm (35") wide. There is a hand
rail,and a small gate at the top. Entry to the guest accommodation is
via a cottage style door. The door is hinged on
the right and is 740mm wide. There is a fire extinguisher immediately
inside, on the right.
- The well lit entrance hallway/corridor is 1050mm wide and
direct access to the kitchen, bathroom and lounge/dining room.
- Wall decor is light with light brown floor
alarms are fitted in the living/dining area and corridor.
alarm also fitted.
- Decor is contrasting with dark skirting boards/doors and
walls; carpets are fitted and light brown (short pile). One overhead
light, two side table lamps.
- There is a circular wooden dining table with two chairs
(seat pad, no arms), and two double sofas with footstool. All
the furniture is moveable and non feather. The primary area of
unobstructed floor space measures 2400mm x 1600mm.
screen teletext digital freeview TV/DVD is provided with
remote control. Included among tourist information provided is an audio
tour cassette tape and CD describing local points of interest.
- Access to the bedroom is from the living room via a doorway
which is 700mm wide.
- There is direct access to the outside from the living room
via a pair of sliding doors to the
garden, (each measuring 820mm wide), and another door (820mm
wide) leads to the corridor.
- Guests may use the (level access) terraced lawn area
car park with its garden equipment in addition to their own
private garden/decking area, which is immediately accessible via
sliding doors from the living/dining room.
- Note there is a small threshold to step over from the
out onto a paved concrete pathway bordered by a raised lawn with rotary
washing line. At one end of the path the lawn/rotary line is accessed
by a short sloping path and at the other end there is one step
up into the gated decked terrace. The terrace has a set of patio dining
furniture and barbecue.
- Duvet, pillows and
pillow/mattress protectors are provided.
- Teletext TV/DVD flatscreen is provided in the bedroom with
- Door width: 700mm. King size (UK) double bed 60" (5') wide
x 78" (6.5') long. Bed height 570mm from floor
to top of mattress. Fitted light brown carpet, contrasting dark
skirting boards and doors, light wooden furniture.
- Largest transfer space to left or right of bed is
300/350mm. Unobstructed floor area is limited and L shaped,
770mm/1300 x 560mm.
- Bathroom/Shower/WC (off corridor). Door width: 700mm.
7m from bedroom. Fitted vinyl flooring, contrasting dark
skirting boards/door, light walls and fittings. Unobstructed floor
space: 2200 x 900mm. Overhead single light operated by light pull cord
(also activates extractor fan). Pair of round taps to basin and bath.
Bath has hand shower attachment and integral vertical hand rails each
side (270mm long), anti slip mat and glass side screen which can be
opened outwards. Electric over bath shower and detachable over bath
seat. There is a shower curtain and rail running the
complete length of the bath. Floor to rim of bath height is 530mm. WC
height is 400mm. Towel rail next to WC is 850mm high.
- Door width: 700mm. Floor is vinyl. Fire extinguisher and
blanket are between electric cooker hob and doorway. Overhead light.
Storage at 900mm and 1400mm high. Microwave on work surface and
cordless electric kettle. Work surfaces, sink and electric cooker hob
heights are 900mm. Above the hob is an extractor hood plus wall
cupboards. The oven door grill is 640mm high, and mid range oven shelf
is 520mm high. The highest shelf in the fridge freezer is 1450mm high
and the lowest freezer drawer 330mm high. Unobstructed floor space is
1700mm x 2300mm. Good contrast between floor, cupboards and work
- There is a washing machine in the kitchen (front loading).
racks are also supplied as well as rotary washing line in the garden.
- All fire evacuation and other emergency procedures are
to guests in writing via guest information supplied and during initial
Wye Valley View
Symonds Yat West
Ross on Wye
Telephone: 01600 890070 (09.00-19.00hrs or
any time in the case of an emergency)
Grid reference: SO 555 155.
Hours of operation: Check in is between
15.00hrs and 17.00hrs; check out by 10.00 hrs. Usual changeover day is
Local public transport numbers
Bus 0870 6082608
Train 0845 74848950
Local accessible taxi numbers: 01989
563169 (Ross Dial-a-Ride minibus; wheelchair accessible).
DIAL (Disablement Informaton Advice Line):
01432 277 770
- We are happy to provide information where possible in large
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If
you have any comments please phone 01600 890070 or email email@example.com.
here to download our Access Statement in pdf format.